First impressions and beginnings



First impressions and beginnings

I arrived in Logroño on the 31st of October, during Halloween, in Silvia's flat. I met her family : her daughter, who also works here, her son and their boyfriend and girlfriend. They were really welcoming right away and gave me a great first impression of Logroño. I had driven for 9 hours from my region in France, Brittanny. On Monday, the moment at which I´m beginning to write this post, I had my first encounter with the rest of the people from the association as well as the building in which the magic happens ! 

I was shown around the Theater's different rooms, “la Sala Negra” : this amazing café theatre (of which I later got the opportunity of seeing the backstage) as well as the office in itself where we work in general. I understood later that the association was indeed almost family run which explained the dynamics of it.

The activities that I could later take part of, or watch from afar ( during my first day I had the opportunity to watch some of the young members talk about and discuss their brave projet concerning the creation of a piece and its later presentation in Dublin : Regaire, and later I could take part in an activity led by Silvia : Improshow as well as Interpretación para la camara , which, though very challenging because of multiple different factors such as the language barrier, were really enjoyable) gave me this impression of unity and general warm and positive atmosphere of trust that I could find in other aspects of this experience, on and off working hours. 

The workers of the association try to all work together during these difficult times of pandemics in order to keep some activities available or to find other ways to conduce them, so it is safe to say that the amount of work, despite the conditions is clearly not less than during “normal times”. For now ours consists in giving a hand : which goes from more practical tasks to writing posts on the different activities on Blogger, sorting photos for posters, to (and it is the very start of a new challenge) creating our own projet... -More to come on that matter-

I can´t wait to see what is going to happen !


Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés